Dear Parents and Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the past few months. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same, our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority at our practice. As we begin to reopen our office, we wanted to give all our patients an update for the coming days.
Our office follows all recommendations and requirements made by the ADA, CDC, and OSHA. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidelines that might be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current. We have made these changes to protect our patients and staff.
- We ask that when you arrive, you text us at (310) 652-1515 andlet us know. We will call you as soon as we are ready for you to come into the office.Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions.
- Initial patient check-in will occur outside the office. We will take your temperature and require the signature of a COVID-19 consent letter. We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing. We ask that only patients enter the office. Parents, siblings, guardians, and friends need to wait in the car. Please take that into account when making your appointment. If you feel like your child is too young to come into their appointment by themselves, ONE parent can come in but is also required to wear a mask. Due to the CDC requirements, we cannot let you in the clinic area.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer seating, magazines, beverages, and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We apologize but temporarily there will also be no restrooms, game room, or massage chairs.
- Toothbrushes, floss, and toothpaste will NOT be available at the office, so please BRUSH AT HOME before you leave for your appointment.
We want to thank all of you for your understanding, patience, and cooperation during this unexpected time. We want all patients to know that we are taking all precautionary measures to ensure the safety of you, your kids, and our staff. We are happy to answer any questions you might have about the steps we take to keep our patients and staff safe. Thank you for being our patient and we value your trust and loyalty so much. We look forward to welcoming you back into our office!
Dr. Waldman and Staff